People depend on having hot water day and night, and your water heater works overtime to provide that. And, just like any appliance, it will fail. If you have an older water heater or your water heater isn’t giving you the hot water it used to, call B&L Plumbing for an inspection.
No matter what plumbing problem you have, from drain and rooter to emergency services, we're here to help!
Signs Your Water Heater Is Failing
To avoid waking up to find you have no hot water or that the water tank has leaked all over the floor, watch for these signs that your water heater needs replaced or repair.
- Odd Noises: If you notice your water heater making banging, gurgling, or bubbling sounds, don’t
wait. Call for help.
- Lack of Hot Water: If the water takes too long to get hot or doesn’t stay as hot as long as it
used to, it’s a sign that your water heater is getting old.
- Age: Consider replacing any water heater over 15 years old.
- Leaks: Water pooling around the base of the tank is a serious problem, and you must call for help
Do This to Extend the Life of Your Water Heater
While your water heater is an appliance like any other, and will eventually fail, you can extend the life to its maximum and keep it running efficiently if you follow these tips.
- Drain the tank once a year to remove sediment buildup.
- Check the pressure relief valve and make sure it’s working correctly.
- Check the anode rod for corrosion and replace it if needed.
- Adjust the temperature lower about 10 degrees to save on energy costs and put less stress on the water heater.
- For older water heaters, add insulation to make them more efficient.
- Call a plumber for annual water heater maintenance.
If you’re using water and don’t know why it could be a leak in your main sewer line, check out our sewer line services for a fix.
Why Hire Us?
At B&L Plumbing, we know there are plenty of plumbers to choose from when looking for hot water heater repair or installation. But we think we you get more when you call us because we offer:
- A company with over 20 years of experience in the industry.
- Technicians who are standing by 24/7 to help in an emergency.
- High-quality workmanship that we stand behind.
- Unmatched customer service.