Your water heater is essential to carrying out your daily routine. But we often don’t think about it until something goes wrong. If you need water heater repair or replacement, trust B&L Plumbing for service you can trust in Monument, CO.
Do you have a slow drain or drain that continues to clog no matter what you do? Check out our drain cleaning services for expert help.
Watch Out for These Water Heater Failure Signs
Your water heater works hard to supply you with hot water day and night. However, all that hard work takes a toll, and like any appliance, the water heater eventually fails. Be on the lookout for the signs telling you that your water heater is on its last legs and to call a plumber for water heater maintenance or replacement.
- Age: The average water heater lasts about 15 years, so if yours is older, make plans for a replacement sooner than later.
- Rusty or Discolored Water: Discolored or rusty water could mean the tank is corroding and getting ready to fail.
- Strange Noise: Banging or rumbling sounds could mean sediment has built up in the storage tank, which has hardened.
- Leaks: Water leaks are never a good sign, especially with your water heater. Call for emergency repair if you see water pooling around the tank.
Extend Your Water Heater’s Lifespan With These Tips
Although your water heater has a finite lifespan, you can extend it and keep it running efficiently by maintaining it. Here are a few tips for keeping your water heater in tip-top shape.
- Flush the tank to clean out sediment
- Check the pressure relief valve to ensure it’s working properly
- Insulate older water tanks to increase their efficiency
- Check the anode rod and replace if corroded
- Call a professional plumber for water heater maintenance at least once a year
We're your local rooter and sewer experts! Call us for top-rated sewer line repair and replacement services.
If You’re Constantly Running Out of Hot Water, Try a Tankless System
If you’re tired of fighting over the shower in the morning because you know the last one in has limited hot water, consider going tankless. A tankless water heater or on-demand water heater provides instant, unlimited hot water, which is perfect for families with high hot water demands. Also, tankless systems take up much less space than traditional water heaters. Call us for a consultation to find out if tankless is the right option for you.